Peel 2011
Home page About Laxey 2012 Contact blank
New Road | Glen Road & Old Laxey | Mines Road
line
New Road
The Signmann
Biomann Ltd (Fairy Cottage)
New Inn
Queen's Hotel
Vacant shop
Quality Used Furniture (closed)
Swales Flooring
Laxey Dental Surgery
Nicola Bowker and Co
Beyond Brooke
Laxey Commissioners
Lonan Commissioners
Vacant shop 31 New Road
Just Enough
Isle of Man Bank
Laxey Youth Resource Centre
Laxey Chemist
Laxey Post Office
Laxey Opticians
Katrina Louise Hair and Beauty
The Bridge Inn
Cooperative Food
Butcher's shop (closed)
Trading Places
Glen House Care Home
The Pavillion
Working Men's Institute
Mace/Total
Laxey Car Centre
Laxey Blacksmith
The Phoenix
Black's Fireplaces Ltd
Captain's Hill
Mine's Tavern
 

 

New Road
Working Men's Institute
25 New Road, Laxey IM4 7BG
Working Men's Institute
Working Men's Institute
Pictured (right): Hilary Stigant with members and parents of Laxey Play Group, one of many groups making use of the premises
Working Men's Institute
Working Men's Institute
Sales: Community centre, entertainment venue & village hall
Year established on current premises: 2011 (originally 1876)
Previously based elsewhere: Before current site, was located in hayloft above current village hairdressers, & before this in building now occupied by Laxey Sailing club on Tent Road.
Total staff:  
Full-time:  
Part-time:  
Job roles: Restored & run by a team of volunteers, with a management committee who maintain the building, take bookings and organise entertainment.
No. staff live in Laxey:  
No. staff live outside Laxey:  
Previous use of premises: Originally formed on this site in 1876, as a facility for the mine & mill workers of the village. Briefly served in the 1950's as a YMCA, and is one of only 2 registered buildings in the village.
Copyright © Laxey Village Commissioners & The Manx Heritage Foundation 2012
Project led by Chris Littler Webdesign & archivephotography.co.uk